Sunday, August 30, 2009

Space Travel




What an exciting week!! My dear friend, Amy, and her sister Joy were able to get a group of us on the Kennedy Space Center Base to see a LIVE LAUNCH! I'm sure all of you are tired of hearing about it, but it was an amazing, once in a life time event!! I grew up living the love life of being an Astronaut - not me personally, but my mother and brother. My mom worked for NASA in her younger days and often wishes she had never left. And, growing up, it was my brothers dream to be an Astronaut... so, being able to be so close that your pant legs moved, the sky lit up and the rumble of the engines purred as she lifted off the pad was a dream come true. Oh, and standing right next to the VAB (Vertical Assembly Building) was something I once only saw from a great distance! What an amazing experience for my mom, my friends and I. Amy and Joy, we owe you BIG!! (I snapped 366 glorious photo's in minutes! Imagine that!)

No comments:

Post a Comment